Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Coconut Cake with Apricot or Date Frosting & Hung Yogurt

Today I made the Coconut Cake with Apricot or Date Frosting (page 390) and the Hung Yogurt (page 534) recipes. I decided on the date frosting, which uses the sweetness of the dates as the main sweetener. The recipe said you could use either cream cheese or hung yogurt for the frosting. I've never made a yogurt frosting before today. The way you make hung yogurt is just to hang the yogurt... so nothing to it except time. I hung it over a bowl in some cheese cloth early in the morning and frosted the cupcakes late that day. The yogurt frosting has a nice sweetness with a tart background. I also enjoyed the coconut cupcakes without frosting. The texture of these cupcakes were really light for eggless baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment