Sunday, December 06, 2009

Upma & Vegetable Pie with a Double Crust

Miriam says that Upma (page 181) is a breakfast or a snack. I made it for our Sunday breakfast. I was not keen on the idea of green beans and peas for breakfast so I substituted dried fruits and followed the recipe from there. The Vegetable Pie with a Double Crust (page 61) we had for lunch. This recipe I also adjusted a bit. Miriam states that, "besides encasing vegetables in pastry, you can sandwich them between layers of grains... to serve as bottom and top crusts". I decided to use polenta as the bottom crust and quinoa polenta as the top crust. My friend gave us fresh green beans from her garden so I filled the pie with green beans, fresh corn, parsnips and panir. I loved the recipes flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment