Thursday, September 17, 2009

Samosas and Mint Chutney

Today I made samosas for the first time. It was a bit time consuming but the first time trying a new recipe always takes me a little longer.
The Samosa recipe is on page 283 and I found her directions and drawings of how to put a samosa together to be very helpful. I substituted cauliflower for potatoes as the author suggests and ended up with 24 samosas. Next time I will cut the recipe in half and make each samosa larger than the recommend 3 inches. This is just a personal preference for more filling and less dough.
Miriam says that traditionally samosas are served with Mint Chutney so I made her recipe on page 520. The mint chutney was just a few minutes to make and really added a fresh flavor to the samosas. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment