Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Dal #2

During the last 2 days I've made 6 new recipes from Heaven's Banquet. I'm finding more and more things about this book that I really like. The most recent discovery is the rhythm of the book.
When I first started using it, I could not find what I wanted easily. I thought this was because the table of contents was rather brief and the index only fair compared to my other cookbooks.
However, now I think the layout is done in a more holistic way. Let me use an example to explain. When I was busy painting, I would lay my paints out in "families" of color. I could have laid them out alphabetically but that's not how I work. I paint and cook very intuitively and after using this book for a few weeks I now feel in tune with the rhythm of the author.

I'm very happy with the flavors of all the recipes I tried. Some are extremely subtle... like the Daily dal #2. This will make a great evening dish for those of us who eat light at night and our main meal at noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment