Monday, November 09, 2009

Fasoulada

Well, here we are: recipe 100! It's been 72 days and 100 recipes... sure has been fun and tasty. I'm very happy with all the information I've learned about cooking from Miriam. There was a line in the movie "Julie and Julia" where Julie says, "I know what I've learned from Julia; how to cook." That single line made a big impression on me because I wanted to learn to cook ayurvedically. I'm well on my way.

Fasoulada (page 243) is a lovely white bean soup with carrots, celery and tomatoes. This was an easy recipe as long as you have presoaked the beans. I made the soup and just let it cook on low heat while I did my evening program. The recipe calls for a little lemon juice before serving, which I thought sounded a bit odd. I tasted the soup before and after the lemon juice addition and I really liked the little kick the lemon juice added. This was a good evening meal that once assembled; you can go do other things while it cooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment